Kon Apostolopoulos is the Founder and CEO of Fresh Biz Solutions, LLC, a Human Capital Management consulting group that provides performance improvement and training solutions to help organizations develop their people, improve business results, and reap the benefits of a comprehensive Talent Management strategy. He is also the coauthor of the timely book, “7 Keys to Navigating a Crisis. A Practical Guide for Emotionally Dealing with Pandemics & Other Disasters.” He is a regular contributor to Thrive Global and Achievers Engagement Blog.
As a speaker and expert in performance improvement and change management, he has delivered hundreds of workshops and events for leaders in North America and Europe, sharing fresh ideas and best practices that engage his audience and empower participants to take the next bold step forward in their professional and personal life.
- My co-author and I wrote and published the book in just 45 days! It is amazing what you can do when you are locked in a room. We were on a mission. Speed to market was important.
- Once we created an outline, filling in the buckets came easily since we had plenty of knowledge, experience, and content.
- Whenever two people work together, there will be differences. We put our egos aside for our shared goal. It helps that we have been friends for many years. Be open to each other’s point of view.
- Stories are parables. Executives learn from stories. People recognize themselves in the stories. They understand the points.
- When we wrote “7 Keys to Navigating a Crisis,” we didn’t set out to write a book to get business. We saw it as an opportunity to heal ourselves and our families and help others that were struggling. Many of the experiences in the book are from our own lives.
- As we shared the messages in the book with our clients, they said they also needed help. Their old playbook doesn’t work any longer. They asked, “What should I do?” “How can I apply these 7 Keys to help my team?”