Stephanie Chandler is the founder of the Nonfiction Authors Association and Nonfiction Writers Conference, and author of several books including “The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan” and “The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan.”
A frequent speaker at business events and on the radio, she has been featured in Entrepreneur, BusinessWeek, and Wired magazine.
- Nonfiction authors are ignored at author events, which focus on fiction authors.
- Members of the Nonfiction Authors Association have access to many resources, including templates for proposals, copyright wording for books, and other practical information.
- The Nonfiction Authors Association is a great place for coaches and consultants who want to write a book start to feel like an author, and get access to information that can help them write and publish.
- The annual conference for the Nonfiction Authors Association features speakers who offer 100 percent content, no fluf and no sales. Attendees can also attend one-on-one sessions with pro.
- A business card book should make a promise in the title or subtitle
- Please get a professional book cover designer.
- The audio book market is definitely growing. If your print book isn’t selling well, then your audio book won’t sell well either. You must have a marketing plan.
- Hire a professional narrator for your audio book. It is a lot of work. You can hire a narrator for about $1,500 on average. If you want to do it on your own, go to a professional studio.