Ben Guttmann is a marketing and communications expert and author of Simply Put: Why Clear Messages Win — and How to Design Them.
He’s an experienced marketing executive and educator on a mission to get leaders to more effectively connect by simplifying their message.
Ben is former co-founder and managing partner at Digital Natives Group, an award-winning agency that worked with the NFL, I Love NY, Comcast NBCUniversal, Hachette Book Group, The Nature Conservancy, and other major clients.
Currently, Ben teaches digital marketing at Baruch College in New York City and consults with a range of thought leaders, venture-backed startups, and other brands.
Tune in now and get Ben Guttmann’s thoughts on:
- How has the abundance of content affected our ability to hold attention?
- How has the evolution of human attention impacted modern writing strategies?
- How can understanding the distinction between features and benefits enhance your writing?
- What role does emotional resonance play in engaging readers?
- How can utilizing commonly used words enhance reader understanding and engagement?
- What strategies can be employed to eliminate language-based friction for readers?
- What is the ideal balance between formal and informal writing styles for reader engagement?
- How can sentence structure impact the clarity and flow of your writing?
- How can AI be utilized as a supplementary tool in the writing process?
- What are the limitations and potential pitfalls of relying on AI for writing tasks?
- And much, much more!