Karen Dimmick of Arcane Covers is a Fantasy and Paranormal book cover designer.
She specializes in making genre-specific covers that sell books. She works with both indie authors and one traditional publishing house.
There are usually some of her covers in the bestsellers lists and she has also done various re-covers for books already in the top 50 of their category, that have doubled their sales.
Karen’s clients love working with her because she’s easy to work with, communicates well and delivers on time, like you’d expect any professional to do. Having had her own bestselling books, she has the advantage of having seen both sides of the cover design process.
Fantasy and magic have been a passion for Karen for as long as she can remember & she’s been in the publishing industry for nearly a decade.
Karen believes authors should be able to give their books every possible chance to succeed, with a cover that attracts readers and meets their expectations for the genre. That’s why Karen created Arcane Covers – to help you make your book sell.
Tune in now and get Karen Dimmick’s thoughts on:
- What’s the purpose of a book cover?
- Who is a book cover for?
- What makes a good book cover?
- Should you buy a premade cover?
- My designer says my cover needs to work in black and white – why?
- How does an author find the right designer for them?
- What do authors need to be aware of about image and font licenses?
- And much, much more!