Erik Pelton has been in the field of trademarks for more than 20 years, worked as an Examiner at the USPTO, registered more than 2,500 trademarks, and has been actively involved in a variety of intellectual property organizations.
- Don’t get into the weeds. Business owners don’t care and they don’t have the time for that.
- Answer this question for readers: What would you do if you were in my shoes?
- An accountability partner is essential for completing a book. There’s always one more thing I can do for a client instead of writing a book.
- To add more value, I offer exclusive content on my website for book buyers.
- Send the book to your referral sources with a note.
- The book’s main purpose is to get clients. Any revenue from the book is secondary.
- To eliminate jargon, focus on the message and the audience.
- I focus on the 99 percent of what actually happens in business. I don’t focus on the odd circumstance.