Awarded the Silver Stevie for “Mentor/Coach of the Year” by the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, Lisa Tener is an inspiring book writing and publishing coach, author, entrepreneur, and speaker.
As a Creativity Catalyst, Lisa Tener is known for helping visionaries, experts, entrepreneurs, creatives, healing professionals, therapists, coaches and people from all walks of life access their juiciest ideas, write in a state of flow and do their finest work. Lisa contributed a chapter to The Creativity Workbook for Coaches and Creatives (edited by Eric Maisel and published by Routledge). She is the author of the forthcoming book The Joy of Writing Journal, which debuts on January 20, 2021.
As a Book Coach, Lisa Tener helps with all aspects of book writing: from creating your book concept to writing and editing. She has specialized expertise with helping authors write successful book proposals. And one of Lisa’s specialties is referring aspiring authors to high quality ghostwriters to write and publish exceptional books.
- An experienced ghostwriter can capture your voice. They look for the words you use in conversation, whether you sound formal or informal. You can also show them books you want yours to be like.
- Before hiring a ghostwriter, look at samples of their work.
- A skilled ghostwriter can write in various styles and can match your voice.
- You can find ghostwriters on Google. The more specific your search terms, the better results you’ll get. For example, “ghostwriter for memoirs,” or “ghostwriter for a health book.” It’s a starting point. Then interview them.
- Expect to pay between $1-2 per word for an experienced ghostwriter for a 200-page book.
- Always have a contract with a ghostwriter. You need to agree on the expectations, such as tone, word count, pages, number of interviews, research, and revisions. Everyone needs to be on the same page.
- Look at the draft early in the process so you can give feedback. You’ll save a lot of time compared with if you wait until the first draft is done.
- A ghostwriter will write a book based on interviewing you, looking at your courses (and other materials), and conducting research.
Website: Lisa Tener – Book Writing Coach and Book Proposal Expert
Website: 20 Questions to Ask a Ghostwriter Before You Hire Yours
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn