JoAnne Funch’s #1 core value is connection. That value defines what her business believes and is the key principle for guiding other professionals from making random connections to making strategic and high-value connections that result in more profitable, long-term opportunities.
As a connector, she was always that person everyone could count on to plan the family get-togethers, pick-up the phone first to reach out to old friends, write a personal note in every Christmas card, and throw the parties at her house.
She was also raised with entrepreneurship in her blood! Both parents were business owners and she caught that bug early. What she learned from them was respect, resilience, integrity, guts, and compassion.
Since 2008, JoAnne has applied her core value of connection along with honing her skills on LinkedIn as a tool for business, reputation management, thought leadership, job opportunities, and brand exposure to empower others to build a brand worth following!
- Build your personal brand to stand out and build credibility with readers by having a great profile
- On LinkedIn, add 3-9 relevant hashtags to increase viewership. Best hashtags are those with over 100K followers
- On LinkedIn, put a picture of your book in your profile header and the Featured Section.
List your book in your publications section.
- On LinkedIn, you can repurpose your blog posts & book content as articles. You can include your bio box with links to your website and Amazon book page.
- Relationships lead to opportunities. Be open to building your network.
- On LinkedIn, when people comment on your posts, you should comment back, not merely hit “like” because LinkedIn wants to see engagement. LinkedIn will show your post more often if they see engagement.
- On LinkedIn, post items that add value to your followers. People don’t want to see self-promotional items.