David A. Fields works with small consulting firms across the globe that are eager to accelerate growth, increase profit and create lifestyle-friendly practices. He and his team have guided consultancies ranging from one-person startups to independent, boutique firms to the consulting divisions of some of the world’s largest companies.
David’s books include Amazon’s highest-rated book on the business of consulting: The Irresistible Consultant’s Guide to Winning Client, and also wrote The Executive’s Guide to Consultants.
David received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Carnegie Mellon. He is a hockey fanatic and eats egregious amounts of chocolate.
- The book is not about you. It is about your reader. If you forget that, you’ll lose the reader.
- The editor’s job is to be audience focused.
- An illustration provides a visual break with the written content. Adding art makes a big difference in comprehension.
- I took a course and turned it into a book. The information was road tested. We knew what was important, what resounded, and what was too much.
- Add an illustration every 1-2 pages to break up the black walls of text.
- Getting the book into the hands of prospects is important.
- Ask your business partners to send your book to their clients.